Who doesn’t like cookies? My kids like when I ask them if they want cookies for breakfast. I love making things like this so we can have them for breakfast, lunch, snack or dessert.
Pecan Maple Breakfast Cookies
Taken From: 100 Days of Real Food I love this website!
Serves: Makes 20 Cookies
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened but not melted
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a cookie sheet.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer beat the applesauce, maple syrup, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- While beating the mixture on a low speed add the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in the nuts with a spatula.
- Drop onto prepared cookie sheet with a spoon. Bake for 8 – 9 minutes or until they start to brown.