I have made this Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad several times now, and it is quickly becoming a favorite. I made this for a Memorial Day Picnic and it was the perfect side dish. I have also made this on a Sunday night to have for lunch throughout the week. I highly recommend keeping it in the fridge for at least two hours before serving. That’s why doing it the night before is great! Or you could make it in the morning and it will be ready to go for dinner!
Don’t you just love these ingredients? It is so fresh, filling and healthy! Also one more quick note, the dressing makes a lot and you only need half a cup. I have halved it before, and I’ve also made it all and used it throughout the week for other salads.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and halved lengthwise and sliced (you can peel them or not peel them depending on your preference)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained and chopped coarsely (I’ve also done it with just sliced olives and I love that too)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek Dressing (Recipe Below)
- Toss everything together except the feta in a large bowl. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Toss feta in before serving.