My husband and I took a cooking class a couple of months ago and this avocado BLT egg salad was one of the dishes we prepared. If you ever get the chance to take one, they are a lot of fun! And, they did all of the clean up while we enjoyed the meal! I like to serve this over spinach or lettuce leaves to make a wrap but could also be served on pita bread or a tortilla. It made enough for me to have for lunch the next day. The avocado will brown a bit but that did not affect the taste for me.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cooled
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 4 sliced bacon, cooked crisp, drained on paper towels, and crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, avocado, granulated garlic, and salt; smash with fork until combined. Add tomatoes, scallions, and bacon; mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.