I seriously can not keep this Banana Bread around my house longer than a day! I love baked goods and can usually convince myself that this banana bread is so healthy that it’s just like eating a few bananas! Well it is a healthier option, but not quite just a few bananas! But it is a delicious, kid approved, option for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dessert! I do sneak in a few dark chocolate chips too! The fam goes crazy for it! Have you ever made regular banana bread? There is sooo much sugar! This has no refined sugar and tastes just as great! We love doughy bread around here, so I bake mine for a little less time.
You may also like:
- 2 ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil (Olive oil or coconut oil are good options)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- I added a few chocolate chips, because I had them! (It is also great with out them too!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.
Original recipe from: 100daysofrealfood.com