Southwest Sweet Potato Hash is a mixture of all our favorite ingredients and a mixture of ingredients that I usually have in the fridge! We eat Southwest Sweet Potato Hash a lot! It is an easy and quick meal. With an easy and quick clean up.
I like making this dish because there is something in it that everyone in my family likes. The kids favorite is the sausage, but with this dish they are guaranteed to get a few super food veggies. And my husband and I like it all! Southwest Sweet Potato Hash is the perfect, light meal for any busy summer night!
- 1 skinned and chopped sweet potato
- 2 chopped andouille sausage
- 5 chopped miniature sweet peppers
- 1 14 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Use a large enough frying pan for everything. Start by putting the olive oil in the pan and heating it up. Add the sweet potatoes with a pinch of salt. Cover for about 5 minutes to soften the potatoes. Then add the sausage. Let brown for another 5 to 10 minutes (I like my potatoes a little crispy). Add the chopped peppers, let it cook for another couple minutes. Then add the beans and avocado. Stir the beans and avocado in then remove from heat and serve.
- This could also be cooked on the grill!
You May Also Like: