I really love ice cream. And I make homemade ice cream quite a bit in my ice cream maker. But I saw this and had to try it out in my food processor. Sorry about the bad picture, I had ten people waiting not very patiently, so it had to be quick;) This is one of those treats that you can eat guilt free. And I don’t think a single kid (there were eight) even noticed that it wasn’t normal ice cream. The texture is the same, and it’s delicious!
Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
Recipe From: Skinnymom.com
- 2 bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbsp whipping cream I needed to add a little more, but I was also tripling the recipe! I just added more until it was the right consistency
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Place banana slices on a plate, separating each slice. Place slices in freezer for 2 hours (overnight is best!).
- Remove strawberries and bananas from freezer and place in food processor, blend until they are the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Add cream and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer container and freeze until solid. I never froze it, we didn’t have a need:)
- Scoop with ice cream scoop and serve.