These just say “fall.” The whole family loves these. If you like cinnamon, apples, and deliciousness you will love these! It’s nice not to feel bad about feeding my family cookies. Did you know that cinnamon is extremely good for you? So is honey, and these beauties incorporate both!
Apple Pie Cookies
- 1 c instant oats
- ¾ c whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c honey
- 1 c finely diced red apple (about 1 medium)
- Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or butter, egg, and vanilla. Add honey and stir. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the apple. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Scoop cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.