This pulled pork dish is a great weeknight meal that requires very little work and time. I like to mix the rub the night before and then toss it in the crock pot in the morning. It makes my house smell so good all day and my husband is so excited as soon as he walks in and smells it. He prefers to make tacos with the meat and I put mine over mixed greens or spinach. This recipe will give you leftovers or feed a small group. I don’t think you will be disappointed with this dish, it tastes as good as it smells!
Taken from weelicious.com
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon salt (This was too much salt for me, I did about 1/2 tablespoon the second time)
1 3-1/2 to 4 pound pork shoulder
1 16 oz jar mild salsa (I used a chunky salsa)
1 package corn or flour tortillas (optional)
1. Place the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix.
2. Place the pork shoulder in the Crock Pot and rub all over with the seasoning mixture.
3. Pour the jar of salsa around the pork shoulder.
4. Cook on low heat for 8-12 hours.
5. Remove the pork to a plate and using 2 forks, shred the into bite size pieces, removing the visible fat.
6. Pour a scoop or two of the juices into the pork and stir to combine (If you want to remove the excess fat from the juice you will use, pour it into a cup and refrigerate it until the fat solidifies and can be easily scooped out. Only the juices will remain).
7. Place the pork into the tortillas or over greens
8. Serve with desired accompaniments.
Accompaniments: Salsa, guacamole, cilantro, diced onion, shredded cheese, sour cream