Yep, another pumpkin recipe! Tis the season! While I still LOVE my go-to Raspberry and Blueberry Oatmeal Bake, I decided to try the pumpkin version. I really love toasted walnuts, pecans, and almonds, so I figured this was going to be a winner. Both days I had this I added different toppings. I added some sliced bananas and raisins one day, and the other I drizzled some maple syrup over it. I loved it all. I think maple syrup is heavenly, so I made sure to take my sweet time on that one;)It’s so nice to be able to make this the night before and just pop it in the microwave to warm it up in the morning. And it lasts for at least two days in my house (we have six people).
Recipe adapted From: Fivehearthome.com
- ½ -1 cup pecans, walnuts, or almonds (or all of them) chopped (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or you could use whole 2% milk), at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spread chopped nuts on an un-greased baking sheet and toast for 4 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Blend in oats, toasted pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt; stir until mixture is well-combined.
- Spread oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until it is set and light golden brown on top.
- Allow it to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add additional nuts and other toppings if desired.
*To get the eggs and milk at room temperature you can put the eggs in a bowl with warm water for a few minutes, and warm up the milk in the microwave for a thirty seconds to a minute. This way your coconut oil won’t return to it’s solid state.