I had a special guest coming to dinner so I wanted to make something fancy, so I made this Mozzarella Pesto Chicken! Who has time to do fancy on a Tuesday night? This was a perfect option! Minimal ingredients, little preparation, and little cook time. I was nervous that the kids would not eat it because the pesto turns the chicken green. To my surprise I didn’t have any complaints! I paired it with a simple side of sauteed green beans. I have now made this several times, and it’s made it on my go-to rotation. If fact, the last time I made it, my kids said that it was their favorite dinner! Woo hoo! Score!
Original Recipe From: food.com
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup refrigerated basil pesto (you can use Homemade Pesto if you prefer)
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. I put the chicken on top of cooling racks on top of the foil, so it would cook more even.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.