Need a change from pumpkin already? The spices in this muffin make them another option for a perfect fall treat! Since the change in weather I have been craving a warm, buttery treat to have with my coffee (usually an afternoon snack because that’s when my kids have quiet time!) I will admit that with these it is really hard for me to stop at one! I topped mine with chopped walnuts, which could easily be left out. They would also be delicious topped with a cream cheese frosting and served as a cupcake!
Recipe adapted from: frontiercoop.com
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Chopped walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, honey and eggs together. Add apple sauce and milk, mix well. Sift dry ingredients together, and add to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Scoop batter into a lined muffin pan and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes.