I have a fairly new obsession with goat cheese. It always seems a little fancy, which really isn’t me, but I decided I can totally pull it off! I have also decided that I love appetizers. Forget the meal, I just want a lot of different things I can try! Although, the problem is I find one that I really like and then I eat all of them! I’m working on it ok. These Sweet Potato Rounds are no exception. I really really love these. The great thing about these is they are so versatile. I have made them with Jena’s Avocado Bruschetta topping on the sweet potato rounds and it was amazing as well. You could use a LOT of different kinds of cheeses if goat cheese is not your thing. I love having sweet potato as the base. The flavors compliment each other so well.
You might also like:
- 1 large sweet potatoes, sliced in ¼-inch rounds
- Olive oil
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roasted and chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Herbed Goat Cheese: (Also, you can buy different goat cheese flavors. I just like spicing it up myself)
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1-½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Put all of the ingredients for the herbed goat cheese into a small bowl and stir well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add the sweet potato slices to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt and ground cinnamon over rounds. Use your hands to rub the oil and seasoning on both sides of the sweet potato rounds. Arrange rounds on a large baking sheet (or two if necessary). Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the rounds, then bake for another 17 to 20 minutes, or until rounds are cooked through and crispy on the edges
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet. 10 minutes before the potato rounds are finished cooking, place the walnuts in the oven to roast.
- Remove sweet potato rounds and walnuts from the oven. Put walnuts on a cutting board and chop.
- Put oven on high broil setting and move the oven wrack to the second to the top shelf. Place a dollop of herbed goat cheese on each sweet potato round and place in the oven for 2 minutes, just until ricotta is melty and warm.
- Add chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to the rounds. Drizzle with honey and serve!
Recipe Adapted From: theroastedroot.com