I have been making these veggie and fruit muffins for several years now. I can’t believe I haven’t posted them yet! Sometimes it’s tricky getting your kids to eat their veggies, so I always feel a little sneaky when I give them these. And I just smile as I watch them eat these up! And don’t worry they aren’t just for kids, my husband and I love them too! You won’t even be able to taste the veggies, and you don’t need to top these bad boys with butter either, they are perfect just the way they are.
You Might Also Like:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar baby food squash (I know it sounds weird, but unless you want to cook a squash this is the way)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or regular Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran (I have never found this at Walmart, but I have found it at any other local grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini muffin cups or 12 standard muffin cups. (I usually do mini, and it's more like 32 mini muffins)
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and honey until smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas, squash, carrots, and eggs. Stir in the flour, oat bran, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until just combined. Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Store at room temperature for up to two days, or freeze.