These Cranberry Energy Bites are the perfect little snack. They are so great before or after a work out. But I have a confession to make…. I am addicted to peanut butter. If I see a recipe with peanut butter, they got me! I think peanut butter might be straight from Heaven. When I was little I would ask for my snack to be a spoonful of peanut butter:) I’ve really tried to class it up since then. Now I roll the peanut butter into a ball with extra goodness. See, totally different. But really, these are ridiculously good. I had to bring a snack to my husbands work for everyone, and I brought these because I knew they were sure to impress. They have the perfect crunch and texture with the toasted coconut and almonds, and not to mention that perfect sweetness with the cranberries. The sweet and salty combo gets me every time. In case you’re not a peanut butter lover, or you’re like me and might want to cut back a little (I can’t really do that to myself) you can use almond butter.
You might also like:
- 1 c. oats
- 1 c. almonds, chopped
- 1 c. shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- ½ c. peanut butter (Don't use the oily kind, but there are other natural options)
- ¼ c. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Spread oats, almonds and coconut on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°, stirring after 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl microwave the peanut butter for 20-30 seconds until runny, add the baked mix along with flaxseed, honey, chia seeds and cranberries to the bowl. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour before forming into 1.5" balls and refrigerate. They will harden up nicely after a few hours. Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to one week or freezer for 3 months.
Recipe from: thecreativebite.com