Here is another meal plan and grocery list designed to make your menu planning and shopping quicker and easier. While I am planning meals for the week, I also take into consideration what kinds of activities we have going on that week. My son has an after school activity on Wednesdays so I usually plan for a crock pot meal. I also plan the meal that requires the most prep on Sundays. We usually don’t have much going on in the afternoons so I can use that time to prep and my husband is home to help with the little ones. I usually try to make at least one meal that makes enough for leftovers that I will eat throughout the week for lunch.
- I make this one on Sunday because it requires a little more prep, mostly chopping.
- This makes enough for leftovers so I you prefer to make it a 4 day meal plan, eat this for leftovers on Monday.
Monday: 7 layer tostadas
- The guacamole, pico and refried beans can all be homemade but to save on time you can buy these pre-made
- To save on buying the Mexican seasoning, you can make your own. Combine 1 tsp of garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika and 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Set some of the spaghetti squash aside after cooking. The kids may prefer it plain or add a little butter and spices.
Wednesday: Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Casserole
- You could place the chicken breasts in whole instead of cutting into cubes to save some time. Then just shred the chicken after it has been cooked.
Thursday: Quinoa Fiesta Enchilada Bake
- This can be made ahead of time by following all steps up to adding the cheese. When you are ready to place in the oven, just top with cheese and cover with foil.