Need a delicious appetizer for the Super Bowl? These Sweet Potato Rounds with Guacamole are easy, healthy and sooooo delicious. I am definitely having this on my Super Bowl menu, and maybe for any other gathering I will be going to in the near future:) Aren’t sweet potatoes the best? You can do so much with them. Not only do I love them for this dish because it’s nice to have something other than crackers or chips with dip, but because it adds the perfect sweetness. You might remember my other Sweet Potato Rounds with goat cheese and cranberries. I’m thinking about just making both! That’s how much I love them.
You might also like:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, cut about 1/2 inch thick rounds
- Olive Oil
- 1 large avocado, or 2 small
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Lime
- Green onion (optional)
- *You could add cooked bacon too!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and dry the sweet potato, and slice it into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Lightly coat both sides of the sweet potato slices with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for another 10 minutes, or until rounds are cooked through and crispy on the edges. Place sweet potato rounds on a serving platter and allow them to cool.
- To assemble the guacamole, mash the avocado in a bowl. Add the lime juice, garlic and desired amount of salt. Fold in the tomatoes.
- Put a dollop of guacamole on top of each round and top with chopped green onions.