I am a big fan of these oven baked chicken fajitas not only because they are delicious but because you can make this recipe in one pan. When the weeknights are packed with activities, nothing makes me happier than minimal dishes to clean after dinner. This dish is simple enough to prepare on a busy day but would also be special enough for guests or a special occasion. Get together your favorite fajita toppings and let everyone make them how they want. I prefer mine just the meat mixture with some avocado on top. My husband likes his with the tortilla and my kids mostly pick out the chicken (to my surprise they like raw peppers but not cooked).
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (my kids do not like spicy so I left this out)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 1 to 2 limes, cut into wedges
- sliced avocado
- Tortillas of choice
- Your favorite fajita toppings: cheese, sour cream, pico, cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the spices and salt in a small bowl
- Place the veggies in a large cast-iron skillet or 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Pour the melted butter over them, then sprinkle the spices on top. Toss to coat the chicken and veggies evenly with the spice mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish the fajitas with fresh squeezed lime juice, avocado slices, and chopped cilantro, if desired.
From: Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook
You might also like: