It seems like my kids have not had a five day school week since we got back from Christmas! Usually on days off we are lazy, we often stay in our jammies…all day! I love cooking breakfast and not feeling rushed. Pancakes are one of my favorites, so that’s usually what I make. These 5 Ingredient Pancakes are easy, quick, fluffy and delicious.
I have struggled to find a pancake recipe that doesn’t use sugar and is comparable to those that do. I found it in these 5-Ingredient Pancakes! I added cinnamon and vanilla. I would definitely recommend adding at least vanilla. Vanilla is my go to flavor, I always add a little extra than what the recipe calls for!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk (If you don't have buttermilk, add a tablespoon of white vinegar to a regular cup of milk)
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP oil or melted butter
- large pinch salt (optional, but recommended)
- optional ingredients: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp lemon zest or orange zest
- I added vanilla and cinnamon!
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, lightly whisk together the milk, egg, and oil.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined (batter will be lumpy, do not over mix). Let the batter sit while heating up a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Grease the griddle or skillet and pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Once bubbles are formed on top and along the edges, flip the cake once to finish cooking on the other side.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup.
Recipe from: bakerbettie.com
You May Also Like: