These Coconut Oatmeal Cookies would be the perfect treat for Easter. When I saw them I immediately thought of those little green nests with the eggs in them. These would be a great healthy alternative for those yummy little treats! They are easy to make, have simple ingredients, and are of course delicious…and all with no refined sugars or flours!
Picture out take! This is a sneak peek into behind the scenes. When taking these pics for the blog there are always hungry mouths waiting patiently to be fed! This little girl couldn’t wait anymore and tried to steal a bite!
- 1/2 cup melted or very soft coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together the coconut oil, honey and egg until smooth.
- Add the oats and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon portions onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Press the cookies together with your hands, as needed.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then let cool at least 10 minutes. Because of the honey it is best to pull the parchment paper off the cookie sheet, with the cookies still on it and let the cookies cool completely. The cookies will be crumbly if you don't let them cool and set.
- I added some chocolate chips to half of mine. I liked them better with out, my kids liked them better with!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
Recipe borrowed from: Barefeetinthekitchen.com
You may also like: