These healthy chocolate almond butter cups are one of my favorite treats to keep around. When I am wanting a little something sweet, I can reach for one of these delicious little bites of goodness. They keep well in the freezer so one batch will last me a while. I usually don’t even tell my husband they are there because I don’t want him to steal them! I like to make them in a mini muffin tin so the portion size is just right. This healthier version of the peanut butter cups I loved as a kid taste just as good if not better with only a few healthy ingredients.
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, melted
- Place almond butter, coconut, coconut oil, honey and salt in a food processor and puree until smooth and well combined.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture into 8-10 mini muffin tins then pour melted chocolate on top of each spoonful. (no you don't need to grease the tins)
- Place in freezer for 30+ minutes until set.
- Use a sharp knife to pop out each almond butter cup. Store in freezer and remove 5 minutes before eating to help soften the chocolate.
Original recipe from paleomg.com
You might also like: