Easter is this weekend, how is it already Easter?! We are so ready for Spring in this house! We are having a small dinner with some friends and this potato carrot mash will definitely be on the menu. We are going to pair it with beef spare ribs, a quinoa salad, and rolls. It’s not your traditional Easter meal, I am looking forward to switching it up a bit! Happy Easter!
- 4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (6 cups)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place potatoes, carrots, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Cover with water. Add a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, and cook until completely tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain vegetables, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Return all but 1/4 cup liquid to pot. Add milk and butter, and season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth, adding remaining liquid to desired consistency.
Original Recipe From: marthastewart.com
You May Also Like: