Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day! If I don’ eat a good, hearty breakfast first thing in the morning I tend to be a bit grumpy (my husband and kids can attest to that!) I also prefer savory over sweet because it keeps me feeling full longer and I tend to make better choices throughout the day. This spinach mushroom feta frittata is filling but not too heavy. I am a big fan of this quiche and make it often for dinner and eat the leftovers throughout the week. But, I wanted to try it crustless aka, a frittata. The nice part about this dish is you can use any veggies, meat or cheese you have on hand. And, it can quickly and easily be thrown together. If you have guests and don’t have time to spend the morning in the kitchen this is a great option.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, or olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter or oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender. Add the spinach and cook another 1 minute until spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and milk in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to the skillet and add crumbled feta on top.
- Move the skillet to the preheated oven and bake until the eggs are set completely, about 15 minutes.
- Slide the frittata out onto a cutting board, slice, and serve.
Adapted from lovegrowswild.com
You might also like: