Who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? Think of all those chocolate and peanut butter candies you ate this weekend from the Easter bunny! Well here is a ‘healthy’ twist on those candies! These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are so good! the perfect mix of healthy and sweet! They offer just enough sweetness to satisfy that sweet tooth and those cravings that lead us to eat multiple mini Reese’s in one sitting!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are very similar to our popular Peanut Butter Oat Bars, but they have CHOCOLATE! The Peanut Butter Oat Bars I would serve for any time of day. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars may fall more under the dessert category! But donuts are considered breakfast, so why not?! I could definitely eat them any time of day!
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter (one with only a few ingredients)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups Quick Oats
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment. Combine the peanut butter, honey, butter, and chocolate chips in a large glass bowl. Microwave 90 seconds at full power. Stir until smooth. Add the oats and stir until well combined. Scoop the chocolate mixture into the pan and spread across the pan.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm, at least an hour. Use the edge of the parchment to lift the bars from the pan. Slice into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy!
- COOK’S NOTE: This recipe also works well with coconut oil in place of butter. The parchment paper isn’t required for this recipe, but it will make it easier to remove the bars from the pan.
Recipe adapted from: barefeetinthekitchen.com
You May Also Like: