Asparagus is in season and I am pretty happy about it! The rest of my family does not share my enthusiasm towards this healthy vegetable. So, instead of just steaming or roasting it, I tried this roasted asparagus with lemon vinaigrette. It is such a simple and quick side to add to any meal. Make sure when you are roasting the asparagus not to overcook it. No one likes when it gets slimy and mushy! You could also cook it on the grill and top it with the vinaigrette before serving.
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 3/4 pound), woody stems removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Coat the asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes (you want it to be a little crispy)
- Combine the ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette and stir.
- Once the asparagus comes out of the oven, drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Original recipe from foodnetwork.com
You might also like: