Banana bread is a treat in our house, mainly because I love it! When I make banana bread it usually never lasts more than one day! This Chocolate Banana Bread definitely only lasted one day! I often convince myself that just because there is no refined sugars and whole wheat flour I can eat the whole loaf…you can! This Chocolate Banana Bread is a great healthier alternative to a sweet treat! But the taste isn’t sacrificed!
If you look at my Pinterest pages you will see that they are filled with lots of different chocolate brownies and cake recipes! I wish I could make them all! I love chocolate baked goods! This Chocolate Banana Bread is the best of all those recipes. It is sweet, moist, chocolaty and bonus….it’s healthy!
You May Also Like:
Original Recipe From: Maegan – thebakermama.com
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup fat free or low fat milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 large, I added one more to make it a little more moist)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (plus more of garnishing, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In two separate mixing bowls mix the wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Start with the mashed bananas (I do not like lumpy bananas inn banana bread so I mash them well). Add the milk, egg, vanilla, and honey. Finally, mix in the Greek yogurt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients continually mixing.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Press more chocolate chips into the top of the batter before baking, if desired. Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. If the top of the bread is well baked, but the center needs more time, tint the loaf with foil and continue baking until the center is baked all the way through.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely and serve.