These black bean avocado tacos are one of those meals you put together when you have nothing planned for dinner and little time to get it on the table. They are super easy and once you have the guacamole and beans ready, the kids can make their own and decide how much of each they want on their tortilla. Or, if you are like my three year old you can eat the beans, guacamole and tortillas separately! These tacos seem so plain and simple but the combination of flavors make them a tasty meatless dish.
You might also like:
- For the Guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- Coarse sea salt
- For the Beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 15 oz can black beans
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- Sea salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- For the Guacamole- Cut the avocado and scoop out the insides, removing the pit. Mash gently with a fork, leaving it a bit chunky. Stir in the cilantro, squeeze in the lime juice and season with salt.
- For the beans- Heat the olive oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the can of beans (including the liquid), the cilantro, and the salt and turn the heat to high. Once they start to boil, turn the heat to low and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove the cilantro before serving.
- Warm a corn tortilla in a dry skillet and serve with a generous amount of guacamole and a spoonful of beans. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. **Let the kiddos help make the tacos**
While I prefer to make these black bean avocado tacos meatless, feel free to throw some shredded chicken on if you have it. Shredded cheese and pico would be a great addition as well.
Original recipe from: It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow