It is grilling season! I love grilling season, the food is delicious and the kitchen stays clean! These BBQ Cajun Foil Packets are easy to make, they require only a few simple ingredients and they are delicious! Everyone in the family ate them up! I love the variety of flavor these BBQ Cajun Foil packets have! All of my favorite barbecue summer ingredients in one packet!
It is also camping season! These BBQ Cajun Foil Packets would be a great meal to cook over the campfire! You can cut and prep before you leave and then just throw them on the fire, quick, easy and a delicious. A perfect home style meal away from home!
You May Also Like:
Original Recipe From: www.favfamilyrecipes.com
- 8-12 pieces of corn on the cob (4 full cobs cut in half or in thirds)
- 1 Golden Potato and 1 Sweet Potato chopped (any kind of potato will work)
- 20-30 uncooked shrimp (peeled or not, it's up to you)
- 1 Lb. smoked sausage, cut into chunks
- melted butter (or olive oil), to taste
- 1/2 c. chicken broth (you may not need that much)
- Cajun/Creole seasoning, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- (makes 4 grill packets)
- Heat grill to 400-degrees (you can do this in your oven, too, at the same temp.).
- Evenly distribute corn, potatoes, shrimp, and sausage between 4 heavy-duty foil sheets (appx 12x18 inches each).
- Drizzle melted butter and about 2 Tbsp. chicken broth over each foil packet.
- Season evenly (and generously), to taste with Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam. (I used 2 pieces of foil and sealed the sides together)
- Grill 15-20 minutes and then flip the packets. Cook the other side for about 15-20 minutes.
- Make sure the packets are sealed well or it will be difficult to flip them!