Ok listen, these Veggie and Black Bean Quesadillas are ridiculously good! I was a little skeptical of putting some of these veggies in, but I decided to experiment and it paid off! It made me so happy that my kids loved them as much as I did. And my husband was a BIG fan. I am pretty sure it was the best quesadilla I’ve ever had! I know, it’s a bold statement, but that’s how confident I feel! You don’t have to top it with Guacamole if you don’t want, but let me tell you, it puts these bad boys over the top! Plus this Guacamole is the easiest Guacamole you can make! I also topped it with sour cream and salsa.
If you are looking for a meatless meal this is a great one! These are plenty filling and super nutritious! Another thing about these is that it’s super easy to throw together. I don’t like wasting any food, so I cut veggies up and cooked them all! I like to use my big griddle for this, the veggies have more room to spread out and cook faster. And we had enough for lunch the next day!
You Might Also Like:
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 red onion (or less if you aren't a huge onion fan), diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Monterey Jack cheese (how ever much you like;)
- *optional- mushrooms
- *optional- Sour cream
- *optional- fresh salsa
- *optional (but not really:)- Guacamole- see recipe below
- 2-3 avocados (I had two large avocados last time and that was perfect)
- 1-2 tomatoes depending on how much you love tomatoes:)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- salt- I have been converted to sea salt, but regular will do!
- Combine pepper, zucchini, squash, onion, garlic and olive oil in a large skillet. Saute about 5-7 minutes. Add black beans and heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste. To assemble, spray frying pan with cooking spray or use butter. Place one tortilla in pan, shred Monterey Jack cheese and put a light layer on the bottom, top with veggie mixture and top with another light layer of cheese. Top with another tortilla. Cook about two minutes per side. Top with Guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
- Mash up the avocados and mix with lime juice, then add garlic salt and tomatoes. Enjoy!