Ok, I’m keeping it real simple this week. School is out and we are all trying to get into a new Summer routine. My boys get fed a nice, fairly healthy lunch every day at their school. So, now that we are eating lunch at home every day, I am constantly trying to come up with new ideas. Sometimes it can be really hard! About once a week we make these English muffin pizzas. They are quick, simple and the kids want to help me make them. Probably so they can control how much cheese they put on it! I always use whole wheat English muffins and a pizza sauce that contains only a slight amount of sugar. So, I feel like these English muffin pizzas are a healthy and fun lunch option.
My boys call these “little pizzas” and they ask for them for lunch and dinner. So, if we have a busy night this is a go to meal. With only 3 ingredients needed, I always have what I need on hand. Served with a side of fruit and veggies my kids are happy! Also, if you have kiddos in camp this summer, try putting these in their lunch. Maybe not quite as good hot from the oven, but worth a try!
You might also like:
- Whole Wheat English Muffins sliced in half
- Pizza Sauce I like Rao's Brand
- Shredded cheese
- Add your favorite pizza toppings
- Place the sliced English muffins on a baking sheet and put in the oven at 350 degrees until toasted.
- Spread pizza sauce over the muffin and sprinkle with cheese *Let the kids make their own, they love it!!
- Turn the oven to broil and place pizzas back in for about 2-3 minutes. **I set my timer here and check after each minute. They can burn easily**
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and serve!