Summer is here! We are busy, it is hot, and this mom does not want to be in the kitchen all day! This Broccoli Pesto Pasta from momables.com is the perfect quick, easy, and delicious summer meal! It is so light and tasty, my son actually went for thirds. The best part about this meal is you don’t have to think of a vegetable to go with it, it is already in the meal! Add a little grilled chicken and you have your major food groups in one dish, no need to cook a main course and two or three sides to try and get all your nutrients!
I use momables.com a lot for breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas for the kids (My husband and I eat them too)! And now that they are home for the summer I am having to come up with different ideas, for lunch and snack especially! I am easily sucked into a mac and cheese routine (Annie’s white cheddar whole wheat noodles, of course)! I know I wont get any complaints about it, it’s easy and they usually ask for seconds. It fills their tummy so I know they wont be back in thirty minutes asking for a snack (maybe I can get at least 45 minutes before they want a snack)! I justify it as ‘healthy’ because I usually pair it with a fruit or veggie…or both! But mac and cheese multiple times a week is not how I want to teach my kids to eat. This Broccoli Pesto Pasta is proof that there are other options, that are just as easy to make and the kids will eat and enjoy! I used whole wheat elbow noodles, cooked the whole box and we ate it for dinner, and lunch twice that week!
You May Also Like:
Original Recipe From: Momables.com
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed but still crunchy (I put mine in a bowl covered them with syran wrap and microwaved them for a minute or two)
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 box of whole wheat noodles (I used elbow noodles)
- This is so easy!
- Add all your ingredients to your food processor or blender and mix them up!
- Cook the noodles as the package says to.
- Combine the noodles with the pesto mix and serve!