Keeping with the theme of simple and easy, this chicken and rice stir-fry from Catherine McCord at weelicious.com is both of those plus healthy and tasty. This is also one of those recipes that you can make your own with whatever ingredients you have on hand. I tried to choose veggies my kids like so, I went with broccoli, peas and carrots. Also, I am now feeding a third child and this stir fry was great for her little hands and introduced her to some new flavors.
If you are able to prep ahead for this chicken and rice stir-fry, you can easily have this ready to go in 20 minutes. I suggest serving it with something like a salad or make sure you double the recipe.
You might also like:
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, use frozen to save on time
- Combine and mix the soy sauce and honey in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, garlic, and ginger and saute for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the carrots, scallions, peas and broccoli (or veggies of choice) and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked brown rice and soy sauce mixture and saute for 1 minute, or until heated through. Serve and enjoy!
From: Weelicious One Family. One Meal. by Catherine McCord (weelicious.com)
I also thought that next time I might add some egg to this dish and have myself a healthy and easy fried rice.