I realize this is the second week in a row I posted stuffed pepper, but I couldn’t wait to share these delicious little appetizers. I make these BBQ Jalapeno Poppers any chance I get, and sometimes that excuse is that it’s Sunday! I can’t get enough of them! Anything with melted cheese and wrapped in bacon has to be delicious…and they are! They are savory, full of flavor and one of the few ways I (and my kids, if not too spicy) will eat a jalapeno pepper.
These BBQ Jalapeno Poppers are great for any occasion! We had them last week for Father’s Day and I will be taking them to a barbecue potluck this weekend as an appetizer or side dish. The poppers are easy to make and take only a few “real food” ingredients to make. It is true that these are not fat free, but they are made with real food and no refined sugars!
You May also Like:
- 12oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 12-15 jalapeno peppers, cut in half
- 12-15 pieces of bacon cut in half
- Grease and preheat grill to a medium heat.
- Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, and garlic powder together in a medium size bowl. (Dip a cracker in to taste the flavoring, add extra spices as needed)
- Cut the jalapeno peppers in half, leaving the stem. Scoop out as many seeds as possible.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into the halved jalapeno peppers.
- Wrap the each stuffed pepper with bacon and hold together with a toothpick.
- Grill for 7-10 minutes and rotate for another 7-10 minutes (try not to dump the cheese out!)
- Grill to your liking. I like mine crispy so I cook them about 30 minutes total!
Original recipe from: pioneerwoman.com