I LOVE this Berries and Pear Poppyseed Salad. By love I mean that I could eat it every.single.day. It’s the perfect summer salad. I will definitely be having this on the Fourth of July. For one thing it’s just so pretty, I like to show it off when I bring it to a get together, and of course it’s delicious! I’ve also made this salad with hard boiled eggs, and it’s awesome! I just totally spaced it this time:) I think I was just so focused on the avocado! I didn’t realize how amazing avocados are in salad, until I made this! Especially when it’s paired with fruit and poppyseed dressing. Let’s also talk about the pecans and almonds. I took one extra minute to toast them and it made a HUGE difference. Do not miss this step!
Another reason why I love this salad so much is because my kids love it too! What kid doesn’t like fruit? Fruity salads go over well around here. One of my daughters is obsessed with nuts and seeds, so she was in Heaven.
I used to be in love with the store bought poppyseed dressing, and I was so excited to be able to make my own!
You might also like:
- 12 oz Spring Mix Lettuce
- 4 oz Feta Cheese (or more depending on your feta love)
- 1 small package of raspberries
- 1 small package of blueberries
- handful of sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup pears, toasted
- 1/2 almonds, toasted (sliced or slivered)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Refrigerate until ready.
- Toast pecans and almonds in a skillet over medium heat and stir continuously. It only takes a couple of minutes, so watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Add all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the entire salad and mix well.