I am always looking for new and delicious side dishes to bring to a bbq. I try to be thoughtful and find a dish that most people will like. This Mexican grilled corn salad contains simple ingredients and is quick and easy to put together. If you need to save on time you could use frozen corn but I highly recommend grilling it to give it a smokey flavor. And if your kids get as excited as mine for corn on the cob, grill a few extra and let them eat it plain.
This is also a side dish that you can make ahead of time and it keeps well in the fridge. That way you can spend that time getting the kids ready, loading the car and yourself ready in time for the gathering. Sometimes it feels like we will never get out of the door!
You might also like:
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I like Sir Kinsington's)
- 2 ounces cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallion greens
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- Kosher salt
- Heat up the grill and cook the corn until tender and slightly charred in spots. Once it has cooled, cut off the cob and place in a bowl.
- To the bowl with the corn, add mayo, cotija cheese, scallion greens, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic and lime juice, stirring to combine. Season to taste with kosher salt and additional lime juice.