Let’s face it, eating healthy isn’t always easy. In fact sometimes it’s darn near impossible! One thing that I’ve learned is, if you really want to eat real, whole, healthy foods then it’s going to take some planning. Planning out healthy meals and snacks throughout the week will help in those weak moments when we are low on self control. It’s easier when we can grab something healthy in a hurry, instead of grabbing the easiest thing there is.
I have been trying to up my veggie intake lately because I feel like all I’m eating is fruit! It’s summer, it’s hot and fruit is refreshing! But even fruit should be eaten in moderation, and I think vegetables are the most important food we give our bodies. Vegetables are tough though, because most veggies aren’t that awesome raw, so it takes a little effort! Here’s where the planning comes in.
I decided to get more veggies in during breakfast, but I know how hectic the mornings can be so I had to have a quick option. I’ve been roasting a bunch of veggies to have for the whole week, and simply scramble the eggs when I’m ready to eat! I’ve also had this for lunch, with out the eggs, with avocado, with a few different veggies, basically you can customize this to your liking. But don’t forget to add the seasonings! I pretty much look for any chance to add my herbs from my garden. Heaven!
Look how much it makes! It fills one big container!
You might also like:
- 2 large Sweet potatoes, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Bell pepper, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1- 1 1/2 cup Carrots, diced into 1 inch circles
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts halved
- 3 Cups Cauliflower cut into small florets
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Egg, 1 Egg white (I usually do this combo of eggs, but if you're an all egg white person or a yolk lover, do what you need to do:)
- *you can use fresh herbs as well!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (I use two baking sheets so I can spread the veggies more evenly, so I preheat both my ovens)
- Cut all veggies, and add them to a large bowl and mix with oil and herbs, toss to make sure everything is coated.
- Lightly coat two baking sheets with olive oil.
- Spread veggies out evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Scramble eggs when you are ready to eat and top the roasted veggies with the scrambled eggs.
- Enjoy for several days!