I am on a serious vegetable kick lately. So yes, here is another option to get your veggies in! This Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas is a spin off of Jamie’s Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Parsley and Mustard. I have made Jamie’s so many times, and I continue to love it! I wanted to use turmeric, and this seemed like a great way to utilize it. Did you know turmeric is considered a superfood? It’s becoming more and more popular due to it’s versatility. I have used it in so many different ways. I kind of wanted to put it in everything after I read what the health benefits were. I think the next thing I will try is a smoothie or tea with it.
I put this in the “sides” category, but I like to have this for the main dish! Don’t worry, it’s perfect for a side dish too! I am trying to get away from thinking I have to have meat as the main course, why can’t the vegetables be the meal? I love the chickpeas with this, because it seems to fill me up. This dish is also great because it’s cheap! Who doesn’t like cheap? You probably have most of the ingredients already. And if you don’t have turmeric already, it’s time! I made it for my husband and I for lunch the other day, and we were fighting over it! Don’t worry, I won that battle! That is always a sign that it’s a “blog worthy” dish! Enjoy!
You might also like:
- 14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained and dried in a kitchen towel
- 1 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed, cut into bite-sized florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl add cauliflower and chickpeas.
- Add the garlic and olive oil to the bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the turmeric, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Sprinkle seasonings over cauliflower.
- Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve warm!