This Chicken and Spinach Pesto Lasagna is a crowd pleaser! At first there were a few complaints about the color (my kids judge all their food by its color!). Once they tried it though, they were asking for seconds, who doesn’t love pesto! This Chicken and Spinach Pesto Lasagna is a delicious twist on traditional lasagna, that is full of flavor and everybody will love!
You May Also Like:
Original Recipe From: Kraft
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 packages frozen chopped spinach
- 3 c cooked diced chicken breast meat
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 c ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 c prepared pesto sauce plus 2 tbsp
- 3/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan. Partially cook lasagna noodles according to package directions
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onions and garlic until transparent. Add spinach; cook and stir about 5 minutes. Add chicken and stir until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, pesto and Parmesan cheese until thoroughly blended. Add chicken and spinach mix.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto in bottom of prepared pan.
- Layer 4 lasagna noodles, top with one third spinach ricotta mix and one third mozzarella.Repeat the layers twice.
- Bake about 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and hot!