If you know me well, you know how obsessed I am with peaches! I live in a city that has the best peaches I’ve ever had in my life. And it’s peach season, so we have A LOT of them right now. We love just eating them plain, but we have also enjoyed creating some desserts with them too! Sunday evenings my husband and I usually decide to bake something, and for the past couple weeks our desserts have been all about the peach! We decided to make these Stuffed Peaches, and they were so delicious! I basically copied the crisp from my Healthy Apple Crisp, and stuffed it in the peaches, baked them and topped it with homemade ice cream and a super simple caramel sauce and voila… Heaven!
I realize that I have posted three desserts in a row, but seeing as how desserts seem to be favored on the blog, I assume people won’t mind!
You Might Also Like:
- Makes about 6 stuffed peaches
- 6 ripe peaches
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup walnuts (could also substitute pine nuts)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh pitted medjool dates (about 10)- Make sure to get fresh, they are usually in the produce section. Dried dates won't work as well.
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp water
- *optional 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cut out the pit and make a big opening at the top of each peach.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan, and set peaches inside.
- Combine the crisp ingredients including the oats, flour, walnuts, melted butter, honey, and salt. Evenly divide the mixture into each peach.
- Combine heavy cream, milk and syrup in a measuring cup. Mix well, and add to your ice cream maker. It will take 10 - 15 minutes.
- Make sure the pits are removed from the dates. Place them in a food processor or blender along with 1/4 cup water and begin to blend, adding water 2 tablespoon at a time. Add the salt and blend a bit longer. Blend until smooth. It needs to resemble honey.
- Bake peaches for 12-15 minutes, until they are super soft.
- Top with ice cream and caramel sauce immediately.