I love salads, I usually have a salad for lunch and I always look forward to it! The other night I made a salad at my in-laws house and my father in law kept saying “Geez, you put everything in here but the kitchen sink!” And he is correct. I love to load up my salads with all sorts of things. This Steak and Veggie Salad is loaded with veggies (obviously). I didn’t add the sweet potatoes or avocado this time, and they were missed. They add that creamy texture to compliment the crunchy veggies. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still delicious with out them, I was just in a hurry.
I am all about meal prepping. If there is something I can do ahead of time I will. I also like to make things in large quantities so I can grab it real quick when I need to. For this salad I like to grill a lot of steak, saute a bunch of veggies and make the dressing ahead of time so that I can have this for lunch or dinner in a jiffy. My girls aren’t big salad eaters, so their plates have steak (with the dressing to dip or sometimes just ketchup), along with sweet potatoes and veggies on the side. Someday they will appreciate good food right? Right?!
You could put in any vegetable you want. The sky’s the limit! We still have a ton of zucchini to eat, so it pretty much gets put in every meal! And if you’re not a steak lover, substitute chicken. I feel like I eat a lot of chicken, so it’s nice to get some variety in my diet once in a while.
You might also like:
- This is for one serving (I usually triple or quadruple it)
- 1 top sirloin steak
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced or cut into fourths
- 1/4 bundle asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- *optional- avocado, sliced
- *optional- roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- dash of pepper
- If you decided to add roasted sweet potatoes, make sure to get those going first. They usually take a while.
- Salt and pepper the stake.
- Grill until desired doneness.
- Saute veggies with a 1/2 tablespoon olive oil until soft and turning brown.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Layer lettuce, veggies, steak and dressing.