Any honey mustard lovers out there? This recipe is for you! I have had these Honey Mustard Chicken Tacos just about every day for lunch this week. Like I mentioned in my last post, I love to meal prep ahead of time. So I cook most of my meat and veggies at once for the whole week. For these tacos, I grill enough chicken for my family and then have it ready to go so I can assemble it quickly. I also prepare the honey mustard ahead of time. Lunch time is tricky for me, we are usually rushing around and don’t have much time to prepare and relax! I also come home super hungry, and if I don’t have something quick I will eat just about anything!! Let me tell you about this honey mustard, it’s delicious! My husband loves honey mustard, so I knew this was right up his alley. He has wanted to put it on everything! It’s super easy to whip together, it’s only a few ingredients and so much healthier than the store bought kind.
You could put whatever you want in these tacos, I have kept it pretty simple with just chicken, cabbage (I love the crunch and flavor of cabbage), tomatoes, cilantro and honey mustard. Avocado would be a great addition as well!
You might also like:
- 1/2 to a whole chicken breast, grilled
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- cabbage, sliced
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon mayo (Yes, mayo. I use Spectrum, made with olive oil)
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- dash of ground ginger
- whisk all the ingredients together
- heat a frying pan on high and either coat with olive oil cooking spray, or use regular olive oil.
- Fry tortillas just for a second until they bubble, then turn over. You don't want them hard or burned, so they aren't on there very long.
- Assemble the tacos with chicken, cabbage, tomatoes, cilantro and dressing.