I make a lot of meals that never make it to the blog because they aren’t “blog worthy.” I try to only put the best of the best on here. And when I tried these Greek Bison Burgers, I knew right away they were blog worthy! I came across a new book called “Run Fast Eat Slow.” And I love it! It’s super informative and has great recipes. Plus I totally see myself being friends with these girls. I’m workin on it;) I have tried several recipes from the book, and they are all delicious. I was inspired by these burgers. The only thing I changed was the avocado cream. I just made my regular guacamole, because the cream had jalapeno, and some of my girls aren’t into spice. I was hesitant trying this, because for one thing I hardly ever eat bison, and I didn’t know how the greek twist would work out. Also, I don’t usually eat pita pockets. Let me just say, it.was.perfect. The feta mixed into the patty was so flavorful, bison is delicious (and slightly expensive, but worth it), the grilled pita pocket was delicious, and topped with guacamole, can it get any better?
My husband is a burger man, so sometimes he’s not excited when he sees that I’m not making a traditional burger. Like when I made these Black Bean Burgers. But each of the non traditional burgers that I have made he has been surprised by how much he likes them. This is one my kids will eat as well! You can fill the pocket with all the toppings you want. But don’t forget the side of Sweet Potatoes!
You might also like:
- 1 egg
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground bison (buffalo) or ground beef, lamb, or turkey
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- In a large bowl mix egg, feta, almond flour, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper. Mix in bison.
- Separate into four patties.
- These are more delicate than regular burgers, so just handle with care:)
- Grill on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until done.
- Grill pitas for the last couple of minutes (careful not to let them burn).
- Top with guacamole (recipe below), extra feta, lettuce, grilled or sauteed peppers, ect..
- 2-3 avocados
- 1-2 tomatoes depending on how much you love tomatoes:)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- Mash up the avocados and mix with lime juice, then add garlic salt and tomatoes. Enjoy!