It’s the holidays! You know what that means…. treats, treats and more treats! I really love giving Christmas treats to friends and family. And I know everyone is going to have baked goods coming out of their ears! I figured these might combat the cookie craze! Plus my in-laws are coming to watch our kids all weekend and almonds are their favorite, so I had to test these out. I can’t decide if it’s a good thing to be a friend of mine or not, because everyone around me is a guinea pig for me to test out different foods! Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Let’s just say there was a certain birthday cake that I tried to make healthy that didn’t turn out so well…. BUT this is a winner!
Don’t you love making something that is SO easy and only takes a couple of ingredients? And they totally look fancy! Like I said before, I made these for my in-laws, but I could not help but eat a few (maybe 10). They are so delicious. It’s the sweet and salty combo that gets me every time.
You might also Like:
- 1 bar of bittersweet chocolate (you can use any high quality chocolate)
- 1 1/2 cup raw, whole almonds
- coconut sugar
- sea salt
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. (you can microwave, but beware of burning the chocolate!)
- Mix in almonds and cover completely with chocolate.
- Scoop out one at a time. A fork would work fine.
- Let sit for a few minutes, and then sprinkle coconut sugar and salt on top of each one. Let the chocolate set completely before handling them. The fridge speeds things up!