Just in case you need another idea for a treat during the holidays here is one of my personal favorites. It has peanut butter, surprise surprise! Actually it has all my favorite things, SkinnyPop Popcorn, peanut butter, maple syrup and chocolate. I am telling you, making treats does not come any easier than this! First of all, I love SkinnyPop, my kids beg for it everyday for snack, and I don’t feel bad about it because it’s healthy! There’s only three ingredients! You won’t ever want the microwave stuff again. I’m not against air popped of course, but that’s just one more step for me. Especially since I am going to make this for a lot of neighbors and friends as part of their Christmas treats, I want it as easy as possible.
Ah…. maybe someday I’ll have those model hands. But for now, these are my mom hands. Sorry! I forgot how close up that was! Yikes! But focus on the goodness that I am holding! There’s that sweet and salty combo again. Who can resist? No one! Which is why I had to send this batch with my husband on his way to work. I knew it was going to be way too tempting for me not to eat the whole thing! Did I mention it’s DELICIOUS? If you needed to make it more festive and add red and green m&m’s go for it. But it is amazing just like this as well.
Let me just tell you about this peanut butter caramel. You could put it on your pancakes, dip apples in it, or drink it straight up! Ok, don’t drink it… (in public). It takes about 1 minute to caramelize and leaves you with the perfect consistency. Melt some chocolate chips in the microwave, drizzle and boom, you’re done! My husband likes that it kind of tastes like caramel corn. I’m not a huge caramel corn lover, but I am a big fan of this!
You might also like:
- 1 bag original SkinnyPop Popcorn
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- a handful (more or less, depending on preference) of dark chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter, syrup and vanilla in a saucepan and heat on medium high until it boils (stir constantly)
- Turn off heat and let it thicken for a second.
- In a large bowl add the bag of popcorn.
- Pour sauce over popcorn and stir until the popcorn is completely covered.
- Place parchment paper, wax paper or silicone mat on baking sheet.
- Spread the popcorn out on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate 20 seconds at a time until melted.
- Drizzle with a fork or spoon.
- Store in an air tight container (if it lasts that long)
- *it's best the first day, just not as crunchy after that.