If you love maple syrup like I do then you will love this! This Maple Roasted Vegetables and Quinoa is one of my new favorite meals. You know it’s a good meal, when you want it just about every night! This was inspired by my Maple Chicken with Vegetables. I absolutely love the maple flavor, and thought I could switch it up a little. Plus, I love that it has everything my body needs. If you haven’t jumped on the quinoa band wagon, it’s time. I find myself adding it to pretty much everything. It just completes the meal. The only downfall is when my two year old throws it all over the ground…. it’s a tricky clean up! I’m sure that doesn’t mean she doesn’t like my cooking right? It’s just too fun to throw…. yeah I’m sure that’s it.
I also really love chicken sausages. I have tried just about every kind out there. My go-to is Chicken Apple. There would be several different kinds that would go well with this meal. I also tried Peach Jerk and it was fabulous. Basically just make sure it’s a flavor you like!
This really is a pretty easy meal, and you can make enough for a couple of days if you wanted.
You might also like:
- About 20 brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used two different kinds of sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 red onion, cut into big chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 chicken sausages, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place vegetables and sausage in a big bowl and mix with oil, salt and pepper. Lay flat on two baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to directions.
- Place maple syrup and vinegar in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until it is reduced by about half and is nice and thick.
- Place quinoa on plate with vegetables on top, and drizzle sauce over everything.