This Poppyseed Fruit Salad is a great side dish to almost any meal. It’s perfect for gatherings. I’ve made this for a few parties this holiday season. And the beauty is you can add bananas and apples beforehand, and because the dressing has lemon juice it stays nice and fresh and you won’t have the browning. Also, the dressing is only a few ingredients, which makes your life that much easier. I love this because it’s so simple, pretty and of course healthy! And who doesn’t like fruit? Holiday parties can be so hard! It’s tricky finding something you won’t feel guilty about later. I have found myself volunteering to bring a side dish for get togethers just so I can bring this, and that way I know I can fill my plate up with fruit if I need to!
This is really the perfect fruit salad for winter. And bonus, kids will eat it! I plan on making this for New Year’s Eve as well. You don’t have to wait until after New Year’s to start eating healthy! Throw those cookies and sweets away, and go back to feeling good!
You might also like:
- 5-6 cuties or mandarin oranges
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 green apple cut into small pieces
- 1 red apple cut into small slices
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup Pomegranate arils
- 4 Tbsp liquid honey
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about ¼ cup)
- Juice of 1 medium orange (about ¼ cup)
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- Wash and cut all fruit.
- Squeeze lemon and orange juice into a measuring cup, add honey and poppy seeds.
- Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Poor about half dressing over the fruit and see if you need more, before adding more.