This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrganizeWithBrilliance #CollectiveBias.
Who doesn’t love having food ready to go for lunches or dinners for the whole week? In fact, you could totally have this for breakfast too! I have mentioned before how much I love meal prepping for the week, so I’ll show you one of my favorite things to have ready to go. I am also excited to tell you about this awesome product. These food storage containers are Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ and can be found nationwide at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Amazon and other fine retailers. They have made my life a lot easier. Having good food storage makes me happy, especially when it will stack so nice and pretty in the refrigerator (keep reading to see!).
Look at all of this delicious, filling food that I just popped in the microwave for a quick lunch. It seriously makes me giddy when I all I have to do is heat it up, and I get a delicious and healthy meal in seconds. Meal prepping makes me so happy throughout the week.
I like how crystal clear these containers are, so I can see what I have and how much I have left. And I love the clasps on the side which help them to be 100% leak proof. Which makes them about 100% better than some of the other food storage containers I have. And bonus, they don’t stain!
Here’s how they look stacked in my fridge. I love that I can store so much food in these for the whole week!
This 10 pc BRILLIANCE™ set stacks pretty nicely in my cupboard too! I gave a couple of sets to some friends who were thrilled to get them. I mean really, who doesn’t love nice, clean, good quality food containers? To learn more about Rubbermaid® go here.
I like to top mine with a dollop of sour cream, about 1/4 of an avocado and salsa.
- 2 cups quinoa (I used one cup red and one cup regular, I make a lot of quinoa so I can easily add it to other meals throughout the week)
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- brussels sprouts (I get a bagful), cut in half
- 2 cups broccoli or cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1 package chicken sausages (any flavor), cut into 1/2 thick pieces
- 1-2 cans chick peas, drained and rinsed (depending on how much you will eat with each meal) I also add these to other meals through out the week.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- * optional 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- avocado, sliced
- sour cream or yogurt
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cubed sweet potatoes, broccoli, brussels sprouts and chicken sausages all on separate baking sheets (unless you can fit multiple things on the same sheet without having all the food touching)
- Drizzle each baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and stir to coat all veggies fully.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on all of them except the chicken.
- In a bowl, add chick peas along with 1 tablespoon olive oil, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well, and place chick peas on a baking sheet.
- Bake each of the veggies for 20-30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes to see how they are doing and go from there.
- Store in containers, and when ready combine all together, and top with avocado, sour cream and salsa.