Can you say fresh?! That’s exactly what my husband said when he took his first bite. This Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa is one of my new favorite meals. It’s in my rotation for next couple of weeks. I recently got a new grill, and have loved testing it out. It’s totally grilling season right? You probably shouldn’t ask me though… I grill through the winter. BUT the weather has been so awesome here in Colorado, even though it could snow tomorrow you never know!
I used the same avocado salsa that’s on top of this Grilled Mahi Mahi. I figured it would go on top of anything. In fact it would be delicious with chips too! If you don’t love peppers, another option would be to put guacamole on top. But the sweet bell peppers bring such a good flavor and crunch. And don’t forget to add a little cilantro on top.
I like making this for my family because the chicken is good enough on it’s own for some of my kids who don’t have the same avocado love as I do (yet). And it’s not all bad, since I can then have a little extra!
You might also like:
- 1.5 lb. boneless chicken breast
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 cup seeded and diced sweet peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a small bowl mix lime juice, garlic, oil, cilantro, cumin and salt. Combine chicken and marinade in a bag and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add all salsa ingredients and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until no longer pink.
- Top with avocado salsa.