It’s that time of year again! Zucchini growing out of our ears. No, but really. In fact the other night I made zucchini noodles and topped them off with pesto and sautéed zucchini. Too much zucchini? Nah. I have also been baking a ton of zucchini muffins, zucchini bread, zucchini pancakes. There is just so much you can do with zucchini!
I had just picked a bunch of veggies from our garden and wanted to use them all for dinner, so this is what happened. And it was delicious! I will admit, I wrapped it in a tortilla for my husband and kids, but I ate it just like this and loved it. You could also put it on top of brown rice or quinoa.
I also made it a little extra spicy so I put some cheese and sour cream to even it out for the kids. You can add all sorts of things to this and it works! I think bell peppers or corn would be great too. And don’t forget to top it with some avocado! One dish meals are the best! Also, summer is the best. I am loving all these fresh foods.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- a couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook turkey in the skillet.
- Add seasonings and stir.
- Add all other ingredients and let cook on medium-low for about ten minutes.