I have been excited to share this Fried Cauliflower Rice and Vegetables. I love it so much! I love it because it is packed full of vegetables and is super flavorful! I have mentioned before that I have really cut back on my meats, and try to actually eat them sparingly (I’ve watched one too many documentaries lately). It’s tricky because we eat A LOT of meat in our culture. But I’ve realized that there are so many meals that are just fine with out any meat and can still fill me up. Before, I probably would have added chicken to this, but it is perfect with just veggies and eggs.
The great thing about this meal is you can incorporate lots of different veggies. I used a lot of zucchini because we are still growing it like crazy, and we have to eat it just about every meal so we don’t drowned in it! BUT you could add broccoli or carrots, more bell peppers, snow peas, sugar snap peas, corn, pineapple, etc..
Cauliflower rice is one of the best things ever created! I am being totally honest when I say that I prefer it to regular rice. I do prefer it fried even for just a couple of minutes. You can just spray a little cooking spray instead of oil if you wanted to keep the calories down. Another good option is to use quinoa instead of cauliflower rice, or use both!
- 3 cups cooked cauliflower rice (I often just buy it frozen to make my life easier, microwave then fry)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen petite peas (you can just throw them in frozen)
- 3 - 4 Tbsp low sodium Tamari sauce (or soy sauce) , to taste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- *optional- chopped green onion
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, garlic and ginger and saute until soft (about 3-5 min). Add bell pepper and saute until veggies are soft, about 3 - 4 minutes. Move veggies over to one side of the pan, crack eggs into opposite side and scramble and cook through.
- Stir in rice, peas, tamari sauce and sesame oil and cook and toss 2 minutes. Serve warm.